Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Anylizing the Errors in TToSS

And boy, are there a ton! I mean, I'm practically punching myself in the face right now for having sent them in like that. I caught a few of them earlier on, but it took reading through my entire story to find a whole lot that I missed.

Brace yourself for an onslaught of bad spelling, typos, and things that were never changed but should have been.

1. The first error is actually in the VERY FIRST SENTENCE! :O When it says "three younger sisters," it's supposed to say "three younger SIBLINGS." I have two younger sisters and one younger brother. Samuel is not a sister. Good, we're clear on that.
Note: I caught this earlier on, so I changed it before putting it up here.

2. This is in Part 1, just before we all go to sleep after the first day. When it says, "My head was swimming as I went to sleep," and the stuff after that, I didn't punctuate between "Ambrose," and "Magic," so it looks like "Ambrose Magic." Weird, but funny. XD

3. In part two, when I'm about to learn legend shield Professor Wu calls up myself and a girl named Catherine Fairycrown. It's supposed to be FairyBLOSSOM. Fairycrown was her original name, but I guess I forgot to change it when I decided against it. Oops.

4. This one I also fixed before I put it up. Pretty much the same as number three. When Chris introduces himself to Nolan in part 2, he says his name is Chris Willowleaf. He wasn't lying; that was going to be his name originally. But then, oops, I realized that was the last name of Sierra Winterbreeze's younger sister. So I changed it to Willowcrafter...all except that one, apparently.

5. The next one is kind of spread out throughout the whole series, and it's about Catherine's sister. In Part 4, I said her name was Madison. But in part 5, I must have COMPLETELY forgotten about that and changed it to Meghan. I sent both parts in before I noticed. And I was working on part 8 when, all of a sudden, I caught it. And I was like, "OMIGOSH! Catherine's sister has two names! What am I going to do?" That's when I came up with the brilliant (if I do say so myself) cover-up of Catherine having TWO sisters, Madison and Meghan. It didn't work entirely, I mean it is a bit sketchy leading up to it. But it was probably the best I could do at the time being.

6. SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T READ UP TO PART 8! Part 8, somewhere in the big fight scene between Marcus and myself, I said his name was Nolan. UGH I meant to say Marcus! Just for the record, Chris/Marcus does NOT have a triple identity. Lord knows how confusing THAT would be. Nope, Nolan is completely himself.

I know what you're thinking: Is the term "proofreading" completely lost on me? Unfortunately, yes. I hate proofreading. It just makes going through it painfully slow. You guys can yell at me all you want, but yeah, it's the truth.

Anyways, there are probably a LOT more besides these, so anyone who feels the need to pick apart my stories, or if you've already spotted something while reading, feel free to do so with a comment.

Sarah Spiritheart

2 comments:

  1. I probably spotted errors before when I read it... but that was a while ago. Actually, I should find time to read your stories again. I don't remember it too well. ...N-no offense! Like, I forget EVERYONE'S stories. Even my own. XD

    And I have plenty of errors too. That's EXACTLY why I have an "edited" version on Wizard101 Central.

    ...We still have to meet in-game sometime again! I HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's frustrating, isn't it, having read so many stories up there that they become jumbled together and you forget parts of them, even the ones you really like? That's happened to me so many times before. Ugh! It's annoying because I really want to remember what happens in stories I like, and I often don't have the time to read them over again.

    So yeah, I haven't forgotten about the meeting up thing either. We seem to keep missing each other, don't we? Um... as far as I've gathered we're pretty much on opposite ends of the country, so Saturday maybe? 2:00 Eastern Time? If you're reading this, let me know if it works!

    ReplyDelete