Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Day = Randomness

You read right. Today is a snow day. Which means no school. Which means I have the perfect opportunity  to create a blog post out of pure randomnesss.

So today's post is on housing glitches. AKA: catwalks. Don't ask why I call them that; I just came up with the name one day and it just stuck.

As I have progressed through the game, I have had the oppurtunity to see many of these "catwalks," and wonder at the amazing architectural planning and design. How do they DO that? I have always wondered, because besides a few floating envelopes, I just can seem to make it work for me.

Fortunately, thanks to the magic of YouTube tutorial videos, I have managed to start a catwalk on my own. But it's nowhere near as good as the ones I'm about to show you.

Now, some of these pictures have been taken maybe about a year ago, so I don't remember exactly where they're from. But I think they're pretty darn good.

First, we start with the standard floating envelopes. Not technically a catwalk in my book (Normally they involve rugs) but still pretty cool. And hopelessly addictive when you're trying to reach the top.

This was in a storm house somewhere. Or more accurately, outside the storm house. Between not being able to breathe and constantly followed by sharks, it was probably the most fun I had that day.


Yes, this is a Myth house. No, no editing was done on this picture. I stink at editing anyway.


This is probably the highest I've ever been above a house.


This went so far away from the house that everything looks black. And the floating crystal ball table thing adds to the eerie effect. This has to be one of my favorites.
I love this because you can see practically the whole layout of the house from here. It speaks for itself...just, wow. Beautiful bit of architecture right there.

Ok I think that's it for catwalks. But before we go, I'd like to show you what the new high jump update looks like in freeze frame.



 Me straining to look out of the too-high window of my new life house.


And now my sister tries it out. Not a very flattering shape.

Again, I'm feeling weirdly random today. Don't judge.

Sarah Spiritheart

No comments:

Post a Comment