Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

ODAD Update/Spoiler

ODAD. Of Dragons and Drakes. I thinks it's a bit soon to show you all what I have so far. I'm only on part 2, after all. And I just posted part 10 of TTOSS. But I can tell you a bit about it and how it's coming along.

So far, I think it's going to be a nine chapter series. I might need more depending on the length of the parts; I already had to split one in half. Anyway, I have it all planned out in terms of who's who and what's going to happen in each chapter. I just need to actually get on and WRITE.

You see, the six month period in which no creative writing was posted has REALLY weakened my resolve. I started over the siummer. I am now on part 2. You see my point? Anyways, I hope that having a blog will now force me to write some more. But it's just SO HARD with Celestia out and everythig else...

Okay. Back to the story.

As I have said previously, it is a past story. And along with creating events that foreshadow what happens in TTOSS, one of the most fun things about creating a past story is that I got to come up with a whole new Ravenwood staff.

Only a few of them have major parts in my story. Some of them aren't even mentioned, but I probably will mention them in later parts now that I know they exist and everything.


 Lucias Frost: I swear, I made him up just now, just to have an ice teacher. I kind of imagine him like some of the bosses in Dragonspyre. You know, longish hair, huge nose, wiggly fingers. Only covered in icicles. That'd be cool. Like he could come from a completely different world or something.

Milford Drywrath: Yes, his name really is Milford. He hates it though, and he tries his hardest to hide it from the students. (Although Malistaire somehow found out...) He's the death teacher at Ravenwood. Standard evil and biased teacher: hatefully sarcastic, horrible temper, and only nice to Cyrus, the top student.

Lorraine Serevina: Contrasting to our friend Milford, Lorraine is the life teaher at Ravenwood. Ultimately, she is what every student would want in a teacher. Very kind, generous, funny when things get boring. She also knows her students very well; she is very wise and gives advice whenever they need it. She has a pretty major role, especially in the first few parts of the story.

Anton Belwick: Myth teaher. I mentioned him once so far and that's about it. I've always pictured him having a goatee. :D

Celeste Delcana: I had fun coming up with her name. I noticed that "Falmea" is an anagram for "flame" except for the "a" at the end. So I used this concept with the word "candle." I think it's fun to add elements like that.

Ezekeil Tiin 'Ahkt Tum: I don't think you even need to think about this one. He's the balance teacher. And he is a Krok. Every school day he makes the journey over to Ravenwood to teach the balance students. Since they have no classroom, they learn outside. And someimes they go over to Krokotopia to the classroom there.

Sloan TitanFist: Storm teacher. He has a temper and is abnormally strong. No, he ISN'T used as a foreshadowing element...

Mr. Reagan: He's the school administrator, who happens to be a pelecan. His was another name I happened to have fun with, so I even came up with the administrators before him. Mr. Taft the flamingo, Mr. Wilson the vulture, etc...

Ricardo:  I didn't want to have too many family ties within the staff, but here is the one exception. Ricardo is Diego's uncle. Still Spanish, still a unicorn.

Harold Argleston: He's actually young! XD

Merle Ambrose: And, no, he is still pretty old in this one. I picture old Merle as really, REALLY old. Ancient, even. There are rumors that he actually founded Ravewood...657 years ago! So how old is he really? He's certainly not telling.

So I guess that's it. I'll post more of these later on. Random updates, just so you know what I'm working on.

*SS*

1 comment:

  1. So excitedful for your new story! I feel the urge to remind you how amazing your writing is... :)

    I'm kind of annoyed at the Creative Writing thing. Seeing whether we're published is one of the big things about being a fanfiction author, and I just really enjoy reading all the stories there - though perhaps some more than others... (Grammar is something that drives me crazy... Especially your and you're, and there/their/they're...) Seriously, though, I could understand if it was maybe a few weeks, even a month or so late, but six months? It's frustrating to say the least.

    On happier notes!

    I love the names you have for your characters. The Delcana thing especially... I love those little things that writers just slip in and when you notice them it's all lovely and nice feeling... Or is that just me? And I kind of find it incredible personally how much you work on your stories (did I mention that in my last comment about yours being the first finished W101 story I've read? AMAZING).

    I can't plan mine too much, because when I have a plan, I feel too constricted and I can't really write. I started, once, but then I ended up shifting it around so much I just gave up so now I just take it as it comes. I know what happens in my story no more than anyone else! It's all just ideas until I put it on paper.

    Another thing - all your minor characters seem so well developed... Talking of which - anecdote time! I had a teacher like Milford Drywrath (brilliant name, brilliant) for science last year. Luckily, I was good at science, so I was a favourite, until I had an accident with spilling some acid and then... Anyway, safe to say for the second half of the year I was far from a favourite. It's not nice when the biased teachers don't like you. XD

    Also looking forward to seeing a young Harold Argleston - I'd never have even considered that idea! It's really nice having an insight into all the little things like this...

    ... And I know what you mean about feeling it's a bit too early to show us yet, but... I'm still super excited!




    That was a rather long comment.

    ReplyDelete